I am going to outline how I approach problem solving. The relative importance and the amount of effort/time required for each is stated as a percentage beside each topic. I borrowed some idea from George Polya's How to Solve It Thoroughly Understand the Problem (30%) When encountering hard problem , you need to deeply understand the problem at hand. Take a paper and list down all known facts and data and what the question is trying to find. Sketch out the problem if applicable. Visualize the problem in your head. A lot of times, we only have to understand the problem well, then the solution will obvious. Have a Plan (20%) You need to have an outline of how you are going to tackle the problem. You need to have a logical pathway that will ultimate produce outcome (nothing to do with coding syntax yet). Without a plan, you are just randomly poking around and got lucky. No hard problem ever gets solved without a plan. Plan using pseudo-code, pen & paper or flowchart. Use wh...
Comments
Post a Comment